The traditional chiropractic techniques relied solely upon the adjustment of spinal column through manipulation. These techniques have undergone several modifications since the birth of chiropractic in 1897. A certified chiropractor Oregon now receives training in a variety of techniques. Some of these techniques require small handheld devices to apply pressure. Some of these techniques require specially designed chairs and tables. Some techniques even require ultrasound or electrodes to generate and apply heat on the affected areas. The modified techniques have let chiropractors treat children, adults and elderly patients with equal efficiency.
The chiropractic/spinal manipulation is also known as spinal adjustment and manual manipulation.
- The chiropractors use it to correct the misalignment of vertebral column. This technique also corrects the movement of vertebrae and let them function properly within the spine.
- The chiropractors commonly use this technique to heal the lower back pain. In this technique, chiropractors manually feel each segment of the spine. They can reduce spinal subluxation and bring normalcy to the spinal structure with the use of this technique.
The healing of soft-tissue requires gentle manipulations. The certified chiropractors use massage therapy to improve blood-circulation to the soft-tissues. These massages are manually applied at specified patterns.
- The objective of massage therapy is to expedite healing through increased flow of blood. The soft-tissue massages relax the muscles and improve patient’s range of motion.
- The patients also experience an increase in the level of endorphin through massage therapy. Endorphin is known as the hormone that lightens the mood. Hence, patients feel rejuvenated and relaxed after the application of massage therapy.
- The chiropractors also use this therapy to alleviate neuromuscular symptoms and lower back pain.
The sound waves at ultrasonic frequency are capable of creating heat. The chiropractors use this heat to treat soft-tissues and bone joints.
- The chiropractors use the intense heat of ultrasound to gently massage the soft tissues and joints.
- The heat from ultrasonic waves increases the flow of blood and accelerates the healing process. The ultrasonic waves are used to reduce back pain, stiffness and spasms.
Some chiropractors use high-frequency electric wave to generate heat within the soft tissues. The chiropractors use this heat to improve tissue mobility, increase the flow of blood and relieve pain.
- The chiropractors use electromagnetic energy of high-frequency in shortwave diathermy. The electromagnetic heat-wave is used to treat tenosynovitis, bursitis, sprains and strains.
- Some chiropractors use microwaves to provide even warmth to the deep tissues. The microwaves cannot go through deep muscles. It is suitable for the treatment of shoulder or knee pains.
A chiropractor Oregon may use electrodes to send gentle electrical pulses to different areas of body.
- The electrodes used in TENS therapy are attached to small and sticky pads. TENS stands for transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulators. These pads are attached to a battery-controlled device via wires.
- The chiropractors attach these sticky pads to the skin and send electrical pulses through the muscle. These pads let chiropractors apply heat directly onto the affected area. The electrodes also let chiropractors control the amount of heat during application.
A certified chiropractor Oregon now receives training in a variety of techniques. Some of these techniques require small handheld devices to apply pressure. Some of these techniques require specially designed chairs and tables.If you are looking for same contact us.